HVW8 Art + Design Gallery, Los Angeles, was founded in 2006 by Tyler Gibney and Addison Liu with a focus on supporting fine art & avant-garde graphic design. By furthering artistic visions at the intersection of art, music and design, it soon became one of the premier underground galleries in Los Angeles. Over the past 7 years emerging and established artists such as Parra, Geoff McFetridge, Kevin Lyons, Hassan Rahim, Mark Gonzales, Cody Hudson, Lisa Leone, Janette Beckman, and Jean Andre have exhibited their works. In 2014 HVW8 Gallery expanded with a location in Berlin, Germany.
HVW8 Art + Design Gallery / hvw8.com
661 N. Spaulding Ave. / Los Angeles, CA 90036
Open Tuesday through Sunday from 1- 6pm or by appointment: 323.655.4898
Please call or email info(at)hvw8.com for any art / artist inquiries on past/current exhibitions.
Linienstraße 161, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Hours: Thurs – Sat., 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
or by appt Jenne@hvw8.com or Jenny@hvw8.com
HVW8 Gallery Seeks Intern, Preferably For Class Credit (Los Angeles and Berlin)
The HVW8 Gallery seeks an intern to handle administrative and minor design work. The HVW8 Gallery presents regularly changing exhibitions featuring avant-garde graphic artists, fine artists and photographers.
– Assist in preparing and working at in-house events —including gallery openings, launch parties, and other special events.
– Help with the preparing of art and installation for exhibitions
– Helping to maintain inventory of art work, retail materials
– Manage retail sales – Research sponsorships: beverages, music, and magazines
– Draft press and marketing materials including press releases and ad design
– Dissemination of press and marketing materials including packages, electronic art, and invitations.
• Skills & Requirements:
– Computer skills
– Basic Design skills. Knowledge of Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator; Microsoft Word and Excel
– Basic knowledge of web design is ideal, but not required.
– Effective, engaging communicator
– Excellent writing skills
– Multi-tasker, self-disciplined and resourceful – Strong interest in art, design and galleries
• Learning Opportunity:
– Insider view to the daily functions of a growing gallery in a bustling art and shopping district.
– Work closely with established artists and graphic designers
-Interact with clients, sponsors and media
• Preferred Availability: – Wednesday-Sunday, approximately 15 hours per week – This is an un-paid internship, but will include a daily lunch stipend. Class-credit is available.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Tyler Gibney, firstname.lastname@example.org or 661 N. Spaulding, Los Angeles, CA 90036. No phone calls please.